Amigos de Animales is a registered Canadian charity through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Charitable Registration Number (BN): 779789510RR0001.
Amigos de Animales is an Animal Welfare society, operating in rural Mexico south of Zihuatanejo with the home base in Barra de Potosí, Guerrero.
100% of every monetary donation goes directly to covering expenses such as shelter for 50-100 animals, food, vet care, medication, spay and neuter clinics, education program etc .
Amigos de Animales normally has between 50-100 wonderful rescue kids , cats and dogs, some are available for adoption, kittens and pups … seniors … and our goal is to help you find a companion who suits your household, lifestyle and personality.
To Learn more about the adoption process, fees, and the currently animals available for adoption, please email at email@example.com.
Financial donations are the most effective way to support our organization with the exception of a few hard to find or expensive supplies that we need.
If you are able to bring/send any of these items, we greatly appreciate it:
* Dog & Cat Carriers/Crates. Hard sided and soft sided.
* Large and Extra large Traps for dogs and cats , https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AVYXZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
* metal tie down cables for dogs
* Bravecto flea and tick prevention medication/ or other flea and tick medication
* KMR New born kitten formula
* Mange medication
* Metal dog bowls
* Garbage cans with lids
* Old sheets and towels
* Electric drill and electric saw
* Bleach , laundry detergent, soap Zote
* Brooms, Rakes, Dust pen
* Summer Clothing adults and kids
* Shoes, any kind of work shoes , sneakers adults and kids
* Table and Board games for kids of any ages for our summer camp
* Bug spray
* Any useful household items from kitchen to bathroom
* Popular drugs in sufficient quantity to donate to the Health Centers
* Used but in good working condition a computer PC or laptop or Mac / Ipad for our education program
Become a Compassionate Companion
Would you like to help us transport one of our animals to their forever home? We make it super easy for our transport volunteers by handling the animal’s airline reservation and preparation of the health certification paperwork. We even meet you at the airport and go through the check-in process with you to insure everything goes smoothly.
If you are interested in being a transport volunteer hero, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are visiting or live full/part-time in the Barra de Potosí area and want to volunteer with Amigos de Animales, please email to email@example.com
We will be also offering Service Vacation packages for volunteers who would like us to arrange accommodations and some activities but for those who simply wish to spend a day, week, or longer, we have plenty of work to offer.
Depending on your interests, your physical fitness level, access to a vehicle, Spanish skills, etc., we can find tasks that are just the right fit for you. Whether it’s cleaning the corral, walking/bathing dogs, transporting animals to/from the vet, community surveys, school presentations, video and photography, statistical analysis, fundraising, or any number of other things we do each day, we know we have something that will make your volunteer time with us a memorable experience.